The 'Unknown' Problem

shamalk
Many of my music files are shown as Unknown artist and Unknown Album, but all the music players pick up the artist and album correctly. (see the directory structure in the screenshots attached.)

I've already supported you by buying a pro key. Hope you would return the favor by fixing this issue.

Thank you.

Re: The 'Unknown' Problem

timothyjc
Administrator
This is caused by your mp3 not being tagged. The way Album Art Grabber works is by inspecting the ID3 tags to figure out which cover it should download. It can't accurately infer the album and artist from the filename alone...