Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

James Hayes
The program works well, but I am not finding all my music that is on my phone.

Re: Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

timothyjc
Administrator
Under Prefs you can try running the Media Scanner to make sure your list of albums is the most current.

Re: Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

James Hayes
Thanks I have tried that and it did not help.  Some of my mp3 files are homemade from vinyl.  Those files lack the "properties" that ripped CD's have. I changed two albums and now one is found, but not the other??

Administrator
Hmm... I suspect that it is Android not picking up that you have albums on your device, rather than Album Art Grabber not finding them. You can test a music app like Winamp to double check that the problem is with Android's internal database which contains your albums list. I suspect that the missing albums will also not show up in Winamp or other music players. You might need to use a Tag editor to fix your tags or it could be that the file format is wrong or corrupted.

Re: Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

James Hayes
Thanks for the quick reply.  I don’t have Winamp on my phone.  The preinstalled player works great and I can see all the music folders I have on the phone.  True when I look at other views like “artists” and “songs”, “Genres”  the reordering is not always correct.  You mention a “Tag editor” to fix my tags, can you recommend one??

Jim

Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

http://album-art-grabber.2309410.n4.nabble.com/Art-Grabber-isn-t-finding-all-my-music-on-SD-card-tp4376509p4380458.html
To unsubscribe from Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card, click here.
NAML

Administrator
There are a lot of apps out there for tag editing... On Android a popular one is iTag. From your computer you could use MusicBrainz Picard or Media Monkey.

Re: Art Grabber isn't finding all my music on SD card

James Hayes
Thanks,

I prefer to work at the computer, and have downloaded Media Monkey

Jim

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 9:54 AM

http://album-art-grabber.2309410.n4.nabble.com/Art-Grabber-isn-t-finding-all-my-music-on-SD-card-tp4376509p4384005.html